Sunday, January 14, 2007

Fabric

I never seem to find anything decent at op shops or garage sales. So today I was excited to find this at the local markets. Enough for a couple of bags I think.
My order of more Heather Bailey Freshcut fabric and some other wonderful fabric arrived.
I know I don't have the best cooking presentation, but the taste made up for it. An upside down plum cake, using the yummiest plums from the market this morning. I don't usually make a lot of cakes. It is so much more fun eating them when you don't know how much sugar or butter is in them. The syrup on top alone had a cup of sugar and 75g of butter. We decided it had past the point of being really unhealthy so we poured half a carton of cream over it and ate it. It did have fresh plums though, that has to count for something.

12 comments:

Robyn said...

That top fabric i just wonderful! And the plum cake sounds really good.

Joanna said...

yum, yum, and YUM! In that order.

Ali said...

All yummy - fabric and cake. And cream? Totally necessary to guard against osteoporosis.

tamdoll said...

Wow, what a fantastic day - there's nothing better than good food, beautiful fabric and a great bargain!

Anonymous said...

i don't know, your cooking looks pretty delicious and presentable plus to me!!

katef said...

Oh yum that cakes looks fantastic! Would love it if you would share rhe recipe as we've been given a HUGE Bag of plums and I have no idea what to do with them!
And ooooh look at that fabric!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the presentation thing. It's all about taste for me.

But actually, that cake looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

yum, i could have me some of that cake right now!

Anonymous said...

yummy fabrics...yummy cake!

Anonymous said...

that plum cake looks fabulous! i'm off to steal a bag of plums from someone...
p.s. the fabric is gogeous too- great summery prints.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you... Where are the good op shops? I never find "great" stuff. Love the blue fabric and of course your Heather Bailey fabric is beautiful.
Wow! what a cake....

Anonymous said...

that cake looks awesome - yum - I can see the calories walking around it! The fabric looks great too