Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Finished Jaywalkers!

I have finished them!


Jaywalkers - the larger size
2.25mm needles

My Jaywalkers and my new Docs. What a combination.


It was basically one year ago I made it a goal to learn to knit socks and this is my fourth pair. So maybe it is time for a new goal. I think I want to knit these



Tiit's Socks from Folk Knitting in Estonia. I should probably learn how to do colour work first and continental knitting might make it easier so I think I might need a bit longer than a year. Maybe it should be a two year goal. Maybe I'll get back to you with an end date.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can do Fair Isle and Intarsia.

But I still don't know how to knit a pair of socks.

(sigh).

Sue said...

Ooh I love the socks, they look wonderful in that yarn too. I think the next pair will look magnificent too, what colors are you planning on using for them.

Rachael Elswyk said...

Your jaywalkers look fab! And great with the doc's (I've been eyeing off a pair for ages!) Good luck with the new goal you brave girl!

caroline said...

The socks look fantastic with your shoes. Brilliant work.

Jo said...

Love the socks and the docs. Good luck on the Estonian folk socks, better you than me!

Ali said...

What happy socks - impossible to wear without smiling I bet.

futuregirl said...

Those socks and shoes *are* a perfect combo. They look great!

Rebecca said...

Well done - enjoy wearing them!

Anonymous said...

These are amazing! I dont know how you do it! I am one of those knitters who can only knit scarves. Love the new doc's also.

Drewzel said...

Kate, they're the coolest! I covet your sock knitting and your gorge Docs too!
I actually resolved to knit a pair of socks this year, uncanny :)