Friday, February 23, 2007

Knitting, sewing and mail

It was 4 degrees here the other night - and I'm sitting here in the air conditioning now which I think is pretty normal for this time of the year, but I felt the need for fingerless gloves the other morning. So I started on the Fetching gloves from Knitty. I'm using Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed - my favourite combination of wool, silk and cashmere and very warm. So far so good, I think the thumb might be a bit tricky, but I think I can do it.

I have seen some very cute wristlets around lately and thought I'd adapt my bag pattern to make one for myself. I really love this fabric - I'm glad I bought a huge bit of it so I can use it for lots of different things.

This weeks mail has been good! I first read about Fabric Tales from Melly and Rosie and held off as long as I could, but I gave in and I'm so glad I did.

I have definitely saved the best for last. Celine and I organised a magazine swap and this is the amazing parcel I recieved yesterday. I love these little stuffed letters for the girls - such a cute idea. This magazine collections is amazing, what is it about French craft magazines that makes me weak at the knees. Thankyou so much! I think I could burst with inspiration. Check out her Celine's very cute sheep quilt.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that wristlet - such a great design!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you like the magazines and the little stuffs ;)

Anonymous said...

that wristlet is adorable and do't you just love fabric tales?!?! the other place to try is the fatquartershop.com (and they accept paypal, too!)

if you ever would like to do a swap for our daughters, we'd love to - keep it in mind for the future.

Jade said...

What a lovely wristlet & the freshcut fabric goes really well.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that bag. My friend's mother makes similar ones and I love the design. Are there patterns out there??

Scribbit said...

That yarn looks so warm even in a picture. Love gray too btw.

Anonymous said...

That wristlet is to die for!! So darn dute. Glad you tried fabric tales - they are great!

Melissa said...

Love the wristlet and great swap with the magazines. What's the name of the top magazine in the photo and what country is it from...I'd like to get one if I can?