Friday, June 22, 2007

First Haircut

The girls had their first haircut today. Not as traumatic as I thought it would be. It did require a walk in the rain to get there as Chris had the car, but I can't complain about having a decent rain as it is so needed here and the girls were nice and cosy in the pram anyway. Grace went first and had this look on her face the whole time, she didn't even try to move.

Even a packet of tiny teddies couldn't tempt Amelia to sit still. I took this picture in the 1 second she sat in the chair before she started screaming. So she sat on my lap and they managed to quickly cut her hair, but she couldn't be in on having water sprayed on her hair or having a bit of a blow dry, unlike Grace who loved that bit.

There was a good toy selection which made everyone happy. That and the treat of the tiny teddies.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh - haircuts are nice but they always make them look older after and it's a bit sad! I have to take my 4 today for a trim - we are in desperate need of haircuts.

Rebecca said...

How exciting (and nerve wracking). The results are beautiful!

Chara Michele said...

How exciting!

joanne said...

wow what a milestone! looking good!

Anonymous said...

Luuurvley girls! Thanks for the link to SaucyLouise in your last post too.

Anonymous said...

What great photos you managed to get. Another cleaver skill. So funny how they are sooooo different with everything. I'm sure my twin and I were the same.

Sue said...

Obviously one likes pampering and the other doesnt. Too cute. I remember Isabelle used to wriggle too, but she was 3 by the time her hair was long enough to even be trimmed. They sound as though they were very good little girls getting their first haircuts.

Vanessa said...

Don't worry, give them a year and they'll be cutting eachothers hair for you! Keep your eye out for that one, it happens behind the sofa when things seem a little too quiet....