Friday, June 29, 2007

Ode to the Hot Water System

If I could write poetry I would write an ode to my new hot water system. Our old one had been slowly dying for months and it was such a gradual thing I don't think we realised until the last few weeks when the water was almost cold. Now it is hot, I think hot might be an understatement, it's boiling. I can't believe how happy hot water makes me.

The other things making me happy today are these proteas from our playgroup cake stall. Have a great weekend everyone.


7 comments:

Jade said...

Yup, even in the tropics I like my hot (warm) water showers. There's nothing like a dying hot water system to make you love it when it comes back :-)

joanne said...

oh yes god love a hot hot shower!

mimi k said...

beautiful proteas- they are such an amazing looking creation.

fairyduck said...

Hi Kate,
Catching up on email in Perth. Very happy to see the cc cookie recipe has been posted. Delish. What sort ofchocolate did you use?I bought those proteeas too. Their lovely.See you next week. I' off to the King Street Galleries tomorrow morning. Can't wait! Emma

kristin said...

oooooooooooooooooooh...wandered over and appreciate the beautiful images!!! thank you!

Cosy said...

Hot showers are the reason why we only go camping in cabins. No tents for us. Our gas hot water has been cold several mornings over the past week. And we've had to relight the pilot. Is that a bad sign???

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Mine too needed a new thermostate the other day. I did notice the kids were having quicker showers as the water was getting colder.
The electrician must have felt sorry for us as he was very quick to repair it for me and even changed the off-peak time and came and changed it back the next day.
What would we do without hot water.