Thursday, June 28, 2007

The winner is ...

A big thankyou to everyone who left a comment and gave me ideas of fun things to do with two year olds. I have so many ideas, we shouldn't ever be bored again. I did a very scientific draw - wrote out everyone's name and put them in a bowl and Chris drew a name out. The winner of the bag and book is Melissa!
We did some baking for the playgroup cake stall tomorrow. Anzacs and Chocolate Chip and Golden Syrup biscuits. Here is the recipe for the latter - the measurements are only approximate - I'm not big on measuring.

Chocolate Chip and Golden Syrup Biscuits
2/3 cup brown sugar
125g butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup SR flour
2 tbsp golden syrup
2/3 cup choc chips ( I prefer the dark chocolate ones, but any will do)
Cream the butter and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients. Form into little balls and bake at 180 degrees C for 10-15 minutes, until they start to brown.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh YUM! Must try those =) And Anzacs are about my most favourite thing to eat ever!

Unknown said...

Well done Melissa, I have one of the bags, and you will love the one that you have won, they are beautiful.

Abby said...

Yum... I am adding the choc chips to my must ry list for next week.... and of course what kinda aussie girl can pass up an anzac... YUM
luv Abby

Abby said...

hi there,
I made the biccies today.... and they were yum.... I am posting whats left of them on my blog tomorrow... thanx for the great quick and easy recipe...
luv Abby

Melissa said...

Shoot, I saw my name and I got all giddy for a moment than I clicked on my name and didn't see my blog...sniff, sniff...okay I'll wish congrats to the other Melissa because I'm not a bad sport...enjoy the new bag!