Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sewing Kit

I have been meaning to make myself a sewing kit for ages and was really wishing I had when we were away last week. I'd packed scissors, needles and a tape measure, but couldn't manage to find anything when I needed it, so I finally made myself something to carry it all around in.
I have seen a few different ideas in Japanese craft magazines so using those for inspiration I made it the perfect size to fit my little scissors and made a little pincushion to go in it and it's the perfect size to fit into my handbag. I'm ready to sew anywhere at anytime.




11 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

It looks wonderful and I like the pincushion that has the same design!

Fibrespace said...

I love it, what a good idea!

Anonymous said...

beautiful work- i might have to copy that idea! i'm forever toting my pincushion, scissors and threads in my everyday bad, and stab myself regularly.
i love the roll-up design.

Abby said...

thats awesome... love the fabric
luv Abby

Cathy said...

great idea - I have just come home from a road trip and that is just the thing I needed.

Anonymous said...

what a lovely idea, and it turned out great too.

Sue said...

What a great idea, and so much easier to find what you need in a hurry. I love the fabrics you used too.

Chara Michele said...

Such a great idea!

blissful said...

This is so lovely and functional -- great idea and design!

I definitely need something like this :)

Anonymous said...

perfect combo of fabrics love it. is that denim?

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Nice job - love the design and the combination of patterns.