Sunday, October 14, 2007

A nice day

I've had a wonderful Sunday. The weather was perfect and I had lunch with some wonderful friends. Back when we first started playgroup with our babies we decided to do a lunch once a month and try to do it child free. It was such a good idea, I never realised before having children just how hard it is to have a conversation when they were present. Even though we see each other during the week there is little chance of really talking. So today was perfect for sitting outside, talking and eating wonderful food.
With life back to normal now, it means there has been a little time for sewing. I have been working on a wholesale order, but I found some time to finish a new giraffe and a platypus.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely day! And the prints on the platypus look stunning together.

tea time and roses said...

You know Kate, it is something so cheerful about your blog, and I just love coming here! :o) So glad to hear your Sunday morning was a lovely one. We too are having a beautiful morning, sort of cloudy but nice non the less... What sweeties you have made, the colors in the platypus are beautiful... You and your family have a lovely week.

Smiles...

Beverly

Sue said...

Oh to be able to talk to adults would be lovely. I know what you mean too about never having time. Mine are both at school and the time just seems to fly by. There is always something to be done isnt there. I love the new toys too, and I must sit down and make that cute giraffe just like in the Softies book.

Di said...

Im glad that you had a nice lunch with your friends and minus the little banshees - strictly adult company is always good! I am just back from my girls weekend in the Lake District which was fun - lots of chatting and knitting done!! Not of course that I have any little banshees to distract me!

Chara Michele said...

Cute little creatures as always!

Sounds like a lovely day:)