Saturday, October 27, 2007

Why would you live anywhere else?

The dog was barking yesterday which is nothing new, but it was a really different bark, the snake bark, but we found something much better than a snake. This turtle was slowly cruising through the garden heading back across the road to its pond. The girls were quite excited to see it.
Below is a picture of the five ducks we have been watching grow up. As our neighbour said - why would you live anywhere else. I agree - I just need to stop thinking about the snakes.

I finally bought a print from Sugarloop. I love all of her work. My craft room was needing a bit of colour and this is now above my sewing machine.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the print by Sugarloop, super nice! -kb

Stacey said...

Wow, that turtle has a long neck!
We had a copperhead snake in our backyard a few years ago - in suburban Melbourne.
I am absolutely terrified of snakes and still get shaky when I think about it.
I love your new print, its really pretty. Isn't it nice to buy something nice like that once in a while?

Sue said...

Ooh I would prefer turtles to snakes any day. We had a turtle in the backyard once and our dog Jake was going beserk barking at it. We took it to the local dam and put it in there to live, but then a few hours later a boy came to see if we had found a turtle. He kept it in a cage and it had escaped. I am glad that we returned it to the dam though. I love the print too, so cute and inspiring.

Annie said...

I understand the fear of the snakes, but you are right, just stop thinking about it, as you seem to have a very astute dog and lots of other great things to focus on. I LOVE your new craft room art. I will check her out.

Jenny said...

Glad it was only a turtle! Love the Sugerloop print too. You deserve a treat!

Anonymous said...

What a great little nature reserve you have right out your back door. Yes just don't think about those snakes.

em.s said...

wow. i love that print. might have to have a little wee look myself!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I guess you didn´t understand what I wrote in my blog; I said that I was a copycat because I had made a pillow very much inspired by you. It was a "confession". I love your work! Very very nice and the patterns together is lovely! Have a nice day! (I live in the north of Sweden.)

Di said...

It's true - all that wildlife on your doorstep!! I love the turtles neck! Today driving back to work after a meeting I saw 4 seals lying on a sandbar in the river! Basking in the sunshine!!

Chara Michele said...

That print is so pretty!

Glad it was just a turtle... I dislike snakes a lot too:)