Thursday, February 28, 2008

One of those days

Today was one of those days when I just wanted to scream. At one stage one of the girls had stripped their bed and jumped up and down yelled that she was on a trampoline, while the other one tried to climb up a bookshelf and yelled that she needed a ladder as she had to get taller.
Thank goodness Chris came and got them after school.
I've spent the last hour cutting out wombats and having trying to turn the wombat pattern into a pig with no luck. I have been trying to do this for ages and I think my attempts are getting worse. Pigs just don't seem to work for me. So I thought I'd try a hippo, we didn't see any at the zoo last week - they don't have any in Perth, but they do have rhinos which the girls loved seeing up close. I think I made a good hippo face, I've just got to see what it is like on a wombat body.

I haven't bought anything practical for the new baby yet, but i couldn't resist these little bloomers on sale at Minifashionista for next summer. They did make me smile today.


11 comments:

Annie said...

If it's any consellation, I had the worst day at shool yesterday with 6 naughty 6 year old boys. I have to go back again today to face them. I am REALLY looking forward to the weekend this week.

Anonymous said...

Oh I can see a hippo for sure. Am I supposed to see that?
Wish you could come and see our Zoo. Lots of hippos. The girls would love it. Fly over, free accomodation??? See you for the weekend? LOL

RheLynn said...

A hippo with a big open mouth and lots of teeth would be great :) Mark says I should try one with a bolt of grey fabric I bought the other day.

Hope you are enjoying your peace and quiet :) I saw one of your pigs on etsy and it doesn't look too bad at all!

Philigry said...

those bloomers are too sweet. i know what you mean about having one of those days. i have been having them here a lot lately. a lot. hang in there!

Stacey said...

We all have those days from time to time. Horrible, just can't wait to crawl into bed (or put the kids to bed) days. I hope tomorrow is a better one!
Those little pants are just divine. I can just imagine them poking out the bottom of a little tunic dress.

Chara Michele said...

I can totally see a hippo head there. That will be cute! :)

Selina said...

The bloomers are so pretty. I have to buy 'cutie girl stuff' for my friend who has a girl because I just love it so much. I go looking for Fletcher and buy something for Summer instead!

Jodie said...

I hope you're having a better day today.... I can't wait to see what the hippo turns out like. Those bloomers are just too cute, great buy!!!

Jodie

Kris said...

Screaming is good. Sometimes it's the only thing that can make you feel better. Of course, you can't do it when the kids are around! I think we all have days like that. I love all the things you have been making lately. Your fabrics are always so pretty!

Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing the hippo, the face looks great. I think we all have days like yours, do hope that things are a little earier today.

Sue said...

The bloomers are just so cute. Good luck with the girls getting into more mischief too, I know mine went through that stage as well.