Thursday, June 05, 2008

Knitting and Movies

I really should finish something already on the needles, but nothing was inspiring me so I started some new Jaywalker socks.
The start of a cardigan for my niece Emme.


Sue tagged me for the movie meme a few weeks ago. Living in the country and having children means I haven't actually been to the movies since September 2004 so it's taken me a while to think about this.
1. One movie that made you laugh - The Castle.
2. One movie that made you cry - I'm not a cryer. If you see me cry at a movie it means I have really bad PMT - just back away slowly.
3. One movie that you loved as a child - I didn't see many movies as a child - I remember being taken to see The Man from Snowy River
4. One movie you've seen more than once - Dangerous Liaisons and a lot of 80s movies like Ferris Bueller and The Breakfast Club.
5. One movie you loved, but were embarrased to admit it - Girls Just Want to Have Fun, we used to watch this a lot when we were young. Funny Sarah Jessica Parker never mentions this one.
6. One movie you hated - Knocked Up - barely got half way before I gave up on it.
7. One movie that scared you - I once went to a double of The Clockwork Orange and Natural Born Killers.
8. One movie that bored you - I'm not big on childrens movies, Shrek, Nemo etc I can't sit through them.
9. One movie that made you happy - The Princess Bride
10. One movie that made you miserable - Dead Man Walking
11. One movie that you werent brave enough to see - Can't think of one
12. One movie characted you've fallen in love with - this was really tricky and I can't think today.
13. The last movie you saw: The Nanny Diaries - I was really disappointed.
14. The next movie you hope to see: Can't wait to see The Sex and the City Movie.
I'm not tagging anyone, but if you have any good suggestions for what I should rent next from the DVD shop as soon as I am not so sleep deprived let me know.

7 comments:

Selina said...

The Castle, I agree definately funny. I loved this movie for its good 'ol fashioned family values, the no frills family who loved each other dearly.

Sue said...

The jaywalkers look great, what color are you using for them. I love your niece's cardigan in the slubby yarn. What pattern are you knitting. I am sure it will be extra cute. Thanks for joining in the meme too, I think I watch move DVD's than movies too.

Thimbleanna said...

Your yarn colors are beautiful -- I can't wait to see the cardigan. And yay! I've finally found someone else who hated Knocked Up. I just didn't get it and people here were raving about it. Yuck!

Lauri said...

I think I know every single word to 'Ferris Bueller' and 'The Breakfast Club'!

But more importantly, I'm so glad I'm not the only mom to admit that I really don't like those kid movies! 'Nemo', 'Shrek', etc...

Michelle said...

Clockwork Orange - oh my, I agree. It is one of The scariest films ever!

JuicyFig said...

I love the socks!
know what you mean about kids films...yawn!

Kath
x

Kris said...

Those socks are wonderful!

I don't go to the movies much either. I prefer to see movies on dvd rather than at the cinema. (bright lights in a dark room give me a headache) I do make an effort to take the kids though. Sitting through kids movies is torture. I know I don't like the movie when I start looking at my watch! Sometimes that starts just minutes into the movie.

I love television on dvds. I love being able to watch an entire series without having to wait weeks to find out what happens. We regularly have 'a-thons'. Gilmore Girls, As Time Goes By, A Fine Romance (all very girly, but I am a girl!), One Foot in the Grave, Monk etc.