Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Just thinking

I see so many good ideas on blogs that I tend to think about for ages before I do anything about them, like the bread (all those people who worried about it rising - it rises in my very cold house at night).
At the moment I am thinking about soap making after reading about this easy recipe.
I'm also thinking about shampoo and hair washing. Actually I'm doing more than thinking - I haven't used traditional shampoo for a week - I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out though. It feels disgusting, but an honest friend said it didn't look too bad. I found some more good information here.
A couple more bags I sewed while I was thinking.


7 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love those new bags - especially the Amy Butler one! Sarah tried out the soap making recipe on the weekend and it is turned out well (it is still drying out in the laundry but she will be posting some pics in a few days).

Jodie said...

OMG.... We sure do think alike!!! I've been getting ready to make soap this weekend. I heading to the big smoke on Saturday for an appointment and there I'll be able to buy some essential oils (that's the last ingredient I need for my soap). I can't wait to see how your turns out.

Jodie :)

Julie said...

Ooh, thanks for the link to the soap recipe. Looking forward to trying it. Not sure I could go a week without shampoo, but we have been experimenting with going without paper towels. It's funny how when paper towels are around I use them more frivolously. When they aren't around I get more creative.

our shabby cottage said...

Love the bags and the soap recipe too! Have you stopped thinking yet?!! :0)
Kathryn.

Anonymous said...

I was also thinking about even making a shampoo bar soap and so this information on the baking soda and apple cider mix I will have to try! We go through too much shampoo and it's really not necessary I know. I love the bags too!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the bags. I'm thinking about what to do with my new Park Slope fabric!!!

Kris said...

I found this post really interesting. One of my girlfriends asked me yesterday what I thought about her hair. It looked clean and shiny to me. She then explained that she normally washes it every day and that morning had tried carb soda and vinegar. After reading your post I realised that she thinks I'm an honest friend who will tell her the truth no matter what. Hmm... still tossing up whether to be flattered or upset! lol