Saturday, October 04, 2008

Shopping

I braved Coles yesterday with all three girls. I usually do all my shopping at the local store in town, but there are some things I just can't get there. So we went for a drive to the next town and I was prepared for the worst, but it wasn't too bad despite not having any double trolleys left. Grace and Amelia had their own shopping lists. Amelia needed tomatoes and strawberries and Grace needed kiwi fruit. I think you can guess their favourite colours.
We have never forced the girls to eat fruit - we encourage it, but have been happy if they at least try new fruits. I think a bit of reverse psychology helps. "You can't have any strawberries until you eat your sandwich". That kind of thing. I used to do this when I was teaching. Going to the reading corner was the ultimate reward even for the children with learning difficulties.
I managed a little dyeing last week and experimented with semi solids. This one I am keeping - it turned out just like it was meant to.

9 comments:

Sue said...

Ooh your yarn looks beautiful. Glad to hear the shopping trip went well. I try and go by myself or with only 1 of the kids, otherwise they end up squabbling and asking for everything they see.

Anonymous said...

Love the color! My boys love fruit with yogurt on the side for dipping. They have this snack about 3 days each week. Can't wait to see what you create with this color.

Michelle said...

the yarns is beautiful...just like strawberries and cream...

RheLynn said...

I'll have to remember that tactic for when my girl is a bit older :) Great yarn colors!

Kris said...

Pretty yarn! Taking the kids to the supermarket is hard, but it gets better. My grown up kids love to come with me still and are a great help!

LisaAnn said...

Many times I go into a store holding my breath hoping to get through the whole shop, with 3 that is impressive.

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky also in the fact that both my boys love fruit. Your yarn is just lovely
lisa x

Jessica said...

I love that yarn!!! It turned out great....if I did that I would keep it, too!

raining sheep said...

You are a very smart mom :) I love that yarn....scrumptious color.