Sunday, February 22, 2009

Woodland Bloom Quilt

The Woodland Bloom quilt is finished! A bit about it in point form
  • Made from quarter log cabin blocks.
  • I decided it needed some sashing between the blocks and cream/white just seemed to work.
  • I used a jelly roll of Woodland Bloom from Moda for the top and the binding.
  • There is still a few bits and pieces left.
  • I really like working with jelly rolls - it is amazing what you can do with 2.5" strips.
  • I think it is about 150cm square.
  • I quilted it in a random grid - didn't measure how far apart the lines were. One way has them a lot closer together and a lot more lines than the other way.
  • It is not perfect, but I love it.





16 comments:

sewtakeahike said...

nice work Kate! I just received a package of precut strips from winning a giveaway and I'm so excited I don't have to cut them all myself!

jacquie said...

so pretty kate! i've never had a jelly roll before. it would be nice not to have to cut all those strips.

bec said...

It's gorgeous, beautiful colours.

Kris said...

I love it too! It is so beautiful! Jelly rolls are wonderful! I am so inspired when I open one up!

Cosy said...

"... but I love it."

And well you should!

I'm loving the bag I bought recently on etsy from you. It's gorgeous!

Caroly

PetraO said...

It is lovely - I like the combination of the colours!

Peta said...

It's gorgeous! You have inspired me to have a look at some jelly rolls now.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love how you have pieced it all together ... and those jelly rolls sound so handy!

Janellybelly said...

It's so lovely to see the finished product, very yummy!

Thimbleanna said...

It's BEAUTIFUL Kate! You're so right to love it!!!

dulceamapola said...

I love it too!

Naomi said...

All these stunning quilts are making me want to get my act together and try it out myself!

Just beautiful!

our shabby cottage said...

It's wonderful Kate - i love the colours and the white sashing just brings them out more. Well done. i really like the design too - maybe something I could handle!

Sue said...

It looks great Kate. I think that jelly roll fabric is the same one that I bought my sister for her birthday this year. Nice and bright colors.

Amy said...

That quilt is looking brilliant.

Anonymous said...

oh the quilt is fabulous Kate, soo pretty, clever you!!