Wednesday, March 18, 2009

More Windmills

I've finished all the windmill blocks and they are ready to be sewn together. They are not hard to put together you just have to make sure you sew them the right way or your windmills will go backwards so there has been a bit or ripping.
This is what my desk has looked like while I have been doing it. I really prefer to sew quilts on my Pfaff but toys and bags on the Janome. I owned the Pfaff first but out in the desert once in the first week of term it had a breakdown and so I was stuck out there for 9 more weeks without a machine. The first thing I did when I got back to Perth was get it fixed and buy another one and it was Chris who suggested I have two. I don't think he wanted to live with me for another term if I didn't have a sewing machine.

9 comments:

our shabby cottage said...

Oh, I am jealous now!

Rachael said...

I love my old Janome, the clunker that it is. I am getting a spare - I get sick in the stomach thinking about what would happen if the Janome breaks down. My mum has 3 (plus the overlocker). She is really prepared for the worst!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Good strategy, two machines. I'm sure there are many husband's who would agree! Love your spotty windmills.

Unknown said...

We understand , lol .
clares craftroom

dulceamapola said...

You are lucky hahaha! I have a Janome too, i love it! is a simple sewing machine, but it's my best partner.

Philigry said...

can't wait to see the quilt all sewn together. i love your colors!

tantehilde said...

I know the feeling, my husband wouldn't live with me neither if I didn't have a sewing machine any more. I'm a lucky person to have two machines too, but no room for them. But soon I will! Even with my own sewing-studio!!! Wow! And you know what, I want to buy a third machine, one for the children, so they can 'help' me sewing toys, lol! I think my husband goes crazy...

jacquie said...

two machines is great because you never know what might happen and i am not a happy woman when i'm machineless. can't wait to see the windmills come together.

Corrie said...

any man who suggests you need 2 machines is a real keeper!

my husband keeps telling me to sell some!

Corrie:)