Saturday, June 05, 2010

Sewing and Cooking

A small version of my Through the Square Window quilt pattern using Hunky Dory from Moda.
Love this fabric. It is girly without being too girly. In my shop.
I have some plans for this long weekend. It is Chris' birthday today and mine yesterday. Each year I find some outrageously chocolatey desert and make it for us. This year it is the Chocolate Mousse Cake from the last Donna Hay Magazine. Umm 400g of good chocolate in the mousse. If you don't hear from me for a while I'll just be lying down recovering.
Tomorrow I amd planning on making the Massaman Curry form Thai Food. A seriously delicious curry.


13 comments:

Annie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to The Banshees over in WA - enjoy your desert. Love the quilt too

Jodie said...

Happiest of birthdays to both the Mrs and Mr Banshee.....

Hope the weekend is a good one guys.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to both of you have a great time !

Mel said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! Were you born in the same year? Hey and death by chocolate - what a way to go! x

Kris said...

Happy birthdays guys! How strange to be so close! We have some like that in our family, but not my Bradley and I.

HeavenLee Creations said...

Happy B'day to you & Chris! Enoy your b'day celebrations! love the scarves you knitted for the girls. Lv Lee, John & Talia xxx

Di said...

Lovely quilt and a great curry - always my favourite when we eat Thai!

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kate! Birthdays always deserve chocolate overload!

Louise said...

Ahh quilts, chocolate decadence and a good thai curry - what more could one want in life! Happy Birthday Mr and Mrs Banshee!!

our shabby cottage said...

What on earth was happening 9 months ago? There are birthdays everywhere at the moment! Happy Birthday to both of you. Enjoy the chocolate and the curry! Kathryn. XX

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to you both! Hope the chocolatey dessert is a fab as it sounds!! I tried your lemon cake last week and it was a BIG hit!!! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Meredith said...

Happy birthday - hope the food was yummy! I need to look for that Thai cookbook when I'm in a book shop next time, sounds good!! I love Donna Hay recipes too!!

Stacey said...

A happy birthday to you both!
Don't you just love that Thai book? The cover is just so lovely. I do hope you are more careful with yours than I was with mine. The lovely pink fabric is now spotted with various Thai flavours.