Thursday, April 28, 2011

Knitting Machine

Ever since Soozs started talking about knitting machines last year I have kind of wanted to see what the fuss is about. I have looked on ebay a few times and thought about doing some more research on them. On Sunday while having lunch with Chris' parents his Dad was talking about the tip shop down in Denmark and mentioned 'they have everything even old knitting machines'. It did seem a little too good to be true. Lucky Chris' Dad never needs any encouragement to go to the tip shop and the next day he had bought me 3 machines and ribbers for $25.
Unfortunately Chris was not sharing our enthusiasm for this bargain find and most of the boxes would not fit in the car (apparently clothes and food are more important than knitting machines) and are at my parents. But I think I have bought home a complete Singer 321 and the ribber. I have left another ribber and parts of a 321 and I think a complete Singer 888 which needs a lot of cleaning and a few parts.


I have a seriously steep leaning curve ahead, but I can't wait to learn how to use it!

11 comments:

Bruise Mouse said...

FANTASTIC! What a great find. I can't wait to see what you can do with it.

Vicky said...

My aunty still uses a knitting machine to knit jumpers, cardies, dolls clothes etc. I can never remember her actually knitting on needles LOL

Margret said...

nice one! I can't believe I gave away my mum's knitting machine on freecycle before I got my craft on.

traveller's yarn said...

Oh, so very jealous. I actually have a knitting machine, but need some lessons to get over the lurning curve.

Nicky said...

Way to go - think it, see it, buy it - now learn how to do it! Good luck with the learning curve!

Nikki said...

Woohoo!! Welcome to the club...(Looks like you've got some good accessories there, too!).

It's a tricksy little machine.. but when it's good, it's very very good!!

Annie said...

Oh that's fab. My mum has moved in over the road for 3 months complete with 2 knitting machines - one going automatically and the other one manual. She would get you going in a heart beat. I just wish I knew the language of them. I think I have one in my cupboard. She has about 5 at home. Will follow with interest.

La Marmotte said...

That is truly interesting!

Jodie said...

OMFG - This has to stop ! Suzie is turning the whole world into knitting machine lunatics .......
I am getting very very worried....

sooz said...

Another knitting machine reclaimed from the tip is a beautiful thing :-) strap in for the ride :-)

Nukkels said...

Oh wow! I have been thinking about knitting machines too. Can't wait to see how you go!