Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hats and Knitting

A few more hats while I had the pattern out.
 This cardigan has been finished for a little while, but I only got around to blocking it today. To be honest I would have happily frogged it and never thought of it again, but I made it for Grace and she loves it so it was her call. The pattern is Pistache, a free one or ravelry. I have definitely learnt my lesson about trying things on as I knit. It is top down so it wasn't hard to try it on Grace as I went, but I got lazy and just kept knitting. The sleeves and width are huge, not just a little big, but huge. Luckily I did check the length as I knit as if I followed the pattern it would have been down to her knees. It became a chore to knit and I really did not enjoy it at all.
 As soon as it was finished I cast on a little Whirligig Shrug in some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK. It has immediately made me love knitting again.

1 comment:

flowerpress said...

I can't believe you are still so busy (I would surely be lying around complaining by now!!).
Love those little hats. Maybe they could be a first foray into stretch for me.