Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cross Olive

Poor little Olive has been very very cross Olive since she was born. Lots of screaming, only likes being held in certain ways, not much sleeping and feeding has looked so painful for her. So I took her to a chiropractor yesterday and very cross Olive is now not so cross Olive. I'm crossing fingers that this continues.
As she had a really nice sleep yesterday in the quilt that Rita made her I remembered I had some of that voile left over from dresses I made the other girls a few years ago. It is so soft, perfect for babies tops. I made one using this pattern for a dress. I made the neck a little bigger and shortened it to shirt length. 

6 comments:

thornberry said...

So glad that the chiro treatment has helped Kate. I am a big chiro fan personally. Great that things are looking up. And gorgeous little shirt!

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I do hope she is happier now........nothing worse then and sad baby......

Jane said...

Oh poor little bubba - and poor mama! Our first was just like that. In retrospect it probably had a lot to do with his (undiagnosed) tongue tie. Just a possible suggestion, although I'm sure you're receiving all sorts of unsolicited 'helpful' hints like that :)

flowerpress said...

Haven't you told her that she's meant to be the 'easy' fourth child ;-)
I always felt a little miffed that my 'easy' second child turned into 'never sleeps' second and third!

Naturally Carol said...

An unsettled baby is so stressful for everyone in the household, especially mama. I am so glad for her and you especially that she is more comfortable now. Poor bub, going through all that pain! Lovely little dress/top.

Suse said...

I'm so pleased to hear things are improving. Nothing sadder than a cross baby and an exhausted mother.