Monday, December 09, 2013

A Knitting Bag

I can't believe it was over 6 months ago I tried to make some project bags and then the prototypes sat on my cutting desk until the other day. Actually I can believe it was over 6 months ago, I do this type of thing all the time and that is why I can't see my cutting desk and why I find it very tricky to do any cutting on it.
The pattern I drew needed some changing, the size wasn't quite right and the pieces weren't fitting together quite right, but then a few months ago I was browsing Amazon Japan and found this book.
With this pattern in it. Perfect! Exactly what I wanted for little knitting projects.
I used some linen/cotton blend for the outside and interfaced it with some light/medium woven interfacing from Textile Traders which was perfect as it gives it some body, but doesn't make it too stiff to scrunch up and put in my bag.
I used cotton for the inside and added a pocket on one side. I probably should have added one on the other side as well

 So one project has been cleared off the cutting table. Unfortunately it has been replaced by another unfinished project.




4 comments:

Annie said...

You make me smile Kate, and feel normal....I hardly have room to cut on my cutting table, yes table, too.

Shannon said...

Really cute bag! Perfect for knitting projects :)

Unknown said...

After research a couple of of the blog posts on your web site now, and I truly like your approach of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site listing and can be checking again soon. Pls check out my web page as well and let me know what you think. Affiliate spam.big and tall means clothing interesting subject just a small note to express to you that i really loved your post. nicely done.

Cccam Server

Krista said...

What a nice blog you have, I just found it and became a follower. I love sewing too, especially for my three daughters. Regards from Finland :)