Sunday, December 01, 2013

New Summer Dresses

I couldn't seem to get the the bodice of Kwik Sew 3521 to fit correctly. I consulted Fit for Real People, but it just seemed easier to try and different pattern. I want to make a dress or two with a collar so I tried New Look 6808. I cut it off at waist length as it is quite a long top. Not perfect, but it fits my shape a lot better. I think it will be a good basic bodice shape with a few more tweaks and I can add collars, different necklines and different skirts to the bottom of it.
 I used the skirt from Simplicity 2588 which is a pleated skirt. I cut the back on the fold and did a side zipper, an invisible one that actually worked thanks to this tutorial. I didn't line the bodice, I used bias binding for the neck and sleeves I made from some of the left over fabric. I love this fabric by Jeni Baker for Art Gallery.
I Finished Burda 7828 as well this week, this was a much quicker process, as stretch dresses usually are. I have glanced at this pattern and taken no notice, but then did a google image search and found so many great dresses made from it. The only change I made was to add different sleeves and take off the side bow. A great dress for summer and also for winter with longer sleeves.


3 comments:

Jan said...

Lookin' good. Love both dresses.

Kris said...

I love them both too. I am inspired to make some summery dresses now.

Anna Joseph said...

I bought a floral printed material and I think I'm going to make my own summer dress like this one here.

http://airllywood.com.au/purple-wrap-dress