Thursday, May 29, 2014

Quilt Market Part 2

A few more pictures of Quilt Market and some of my favourite booths.
The fabrics from Cotton and Steel lived up to the hype, there is something for everyone, whether you quilt, sew adult clothes, children's clothes, bags or toys.
 Quilts by the clever Carolyn Friedlander.
 An amazing quilt from Violet Craft. I went back to look at it a number of times.
 Beautiful neutrals from Amy Ellis for Moda.
I saw very few softies, but I found these at the Riley Blake booth. Love that whale. The tutorial for making your own is here.
 I will definitely be needing some of the new Kokka quilting fabrics.
I didn't bring much from Quilt Market back because I knew I still had to visit New York (stay tuned for a post about the garment district!) but I did get a few things. Some bundles of solids from RJR fabrics. I have a plans for them and hope to cut into them this weekend.
I did bring back a few rulers. It has become quite expensive to get them posted to Australia so I bought them while I had the chance. I love the curved ruler by Sew Kind of Wonderful. It really is clever and I can't wait to try it. I have a few of Marti Michell's rulers and love them so I was excited to see her booth and buy a few. I couldn't resist this huge Dahlia one.
                   

2 comments:

CitricSugar said...

I always love seeing what everyone's attracted to at QuiltMarket. Plus, it helps me feel like I was there but really really good at not buying anything. :-) No one else that I read posted anything about those softies, and that whale is too cute to be missed!

You're going to love that curve ruler. I use it for all kinds of things, mostly unrelated to any pattern whatsoever.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love that jelly fish with the ric rack and other ribbons. How cute and the whale is adorable!! That curved ruler has been so tempting. I love the quilts I've seen.