Friday, May 30, 2014

Road Tripper Duffle Bag

Before I went to Quilt Market I was lucky enough to test sew Betz White's new pattern the Road Tripper Duffle Bag.
I learnt some great new techniques making this bag. The instructions are so clear and so thorough that it all made complete sense and came together perfectly.
It is a great size for a weekend bag and has pockets on the outside and inside so there is room for everything.
I used some Heather Ross Rapunzel fabric I had been saving for the perfect project for the main fabric and Stamped by Ellen Luckett Baker for the contrast fabric. The handles were made from fabric from my stash. They were all linen/cotton blends which are a really nice weight for this bag.
This pattern is part of the Road Trip Pattern Club. Sign up and you get five patterns from amazing designers over next couple of months.
 

 


6 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

That is the cutest thing ever. I love the rounded pockets but your fabric selection is speaking to me.

Brenda said...

Oh, I love this bag! You used gorgeous fabrics. And you sew so beautifully everything that you make.

Betz White said...

Thanks again, Kate! You did a fab job!!!

motherof5 said...

I absolutely adore this.

Karen said...

That is just an awesome bag! I so wish I had the skills to tackle a bag like this. Love your fabric selections.

Michelle said...

I love those curvy pockets so so much!

Gorgeous choice of fabric too.