Saturday, April 11, 2015

Sewing with Knits

It is school holidays at the moment so my sewing time is a little limited, but I still need to make something to stay a little bit sane. Sewing with knits it the perfect solution as you can finish something in very little time.
First up is the Centrefield Raglan. I only had a little bit of this black and white fabric in the stash, perfect for the front of a raglan.
 I have a few Stylearc patterns I want to try, but I wanted to check the sizing before I ordered more. This is the Laura Dress. This is some left over from a dress I made a few years ago. I had to make a few minor adjustments, but I think I bought the right size.
 Just to be sure I made the Fiona Cardigan. This is a very comfortable cardigan. It is not tricky to make, but it does take a bit of fabric because of the wide band that goes all the way around it. I used some wool jersey I think I found on eBay.
 I could probably make a few adjustments to the fit in the back and it needs a good press, but I am happy with this and think I will search the stash to make another one.




3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

just amazes me what you make and it always looks great.........

bec said...

I made 1 and a half raglan tees tonight! I love them- even easier than a Renfrew, and something different for casual wear. I tend to make longsleeve Renfrews for work clothes now; I'll show off my 2 prints on IG tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration, as always! Love the dress and cardi too!

bec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.