Sunday, April 17, 2016

McCalls 7120 Tunic

After the success of yesterdays McCall's 7120 apron dress I immediately drafted a tunic pattern to fit fabric 110cm wide so I could use this beautiful piece of Japanese cotton from Tessuti.
The original pattern piece was a slightly different shape, but the great thing about a pattern this shape is that you can sew the shoulder and side seams, try it on and adjust it until it is just right.
Once again the curve out starts right under the bust dart. The bottom side parts are not joined, but are hemmed and then the bottom is hemmed. I used a packet of bias binding for the neck and arms. This was very quick and easy to sew. I probably have enough tunics like this in my wardrobe, but I'm keeping the pattern in my 'to sew' pile in case I suddenly need another one.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I just bought this pattern yesterday to use as a guideline for a dress. I wanted a black sleeveless or kimono sleeve shift style dress. We'll see if it turns out. Also, nice hair!